By October 2013, there were over a million Apps in the Apple App Store. Meanwhile, in July of the same year Google announced that the same number of Apps are available for download from the Google Play Store. The number of downloads for all these Apps run to billions annually.
There are Apps for almost all aspect of day-to-day life, so much so that once you discover the world of Apps, you can enjoy life to the fullest. You can do the things you love to do or conduct your business with only a smartphone or an Adroid as a device whenever and wherever you happen to be. However, you may need a little help from experts who will load the Apps and allow you to use your device at its full potential.
Also Read: Top 10 video calling apps for android and iOS
These web wonders are loaded with features that enable people to connect more with the real world and their activity in it, and help them get more out of life. For some, the Apps serve to improve their lives and help them spend more time doing the things they love to do most, improve their productivity and help them make more time to spend with the people they care for. Let’s see what Apps make two of man’s most favored activities-connecting with people and reading books-a real joy:
Connecting with people
- Spin: This is a relatively new iOS App that provides a “real-time together experience” for people or groups of up to 10 people using the same platform, specifically an iPhone or an iPad. Spin also allows for the sharing of videos, photos and other contents during a “conference.” Users can have coffee “together”while one of them shares his/her wedding video, a footage of a football game or a sales presentationwhile nine others watched.
- Hangouts: This is Google’s messaging App for Apple devices, Androids and computers that enlivens a one-on-one or group chat with smileys or pictographs, photos and video calls. Since it can be used in a wide range of platforms, everyone can join in.
- Skype: Skype is available on almost all mobile platforms and computers.Itallows for video calls for up to 10 people as long as one person in the group has a Premium account. A Skype group video call is subject to a fair usage policy of a 100-hour limit monthly, not more than 10 hours daily and 4hours per individual video call. When the limit is reached, the video stops and the call is converted into an audio call.
- iBooks: This is an Apple Appavailable in its App Store as a free download. It can be used on an iOS device, iPod touch, iPhone, iPad or Mac library. It features the iBookstore where classics to best selling books can be downloaded and read everywhere, every hour of the day.
- Kindle Reader: A Kindle device is not necessary to download a free KindleReading App to any kind of smartphone, computer or tablet. This App puts over a million books at a user’s fingertips. In addition to reading books, users can also read popular magazines and newspapers with a Kindle Reader by either downloading a book from the Kindle Store orshopping for books, newspapers and magazines.
- Google Play Books: To sign in for aGoogle Play Books or Google Books, a user needs a Google account. Upon signing up for an account, a user gets three free eBooks. Google Play has an extensive library of books from classics,bestsellers and even textbooks.